- GENERAL STATEMENT
Because we consider you an important customer, our first priority is to offer you exceptional times and stays throughout the world.
Your complete satisfaction and confidence in Hotel Rubenshof are absolutely essential to us.
That’s why, as part of our commitment to meeting your expectations, we have set up a customer privacy protection policy. This Charter formalizes our commitments to you and describes how Hotel Rubenshof uses your personal data.
“Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy.
This Personal Data Protection Charter forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Charter.
- SEVEN PRINCIPLES FOR PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
These seven principles below are applicable.
- Transparency: When collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
- Legitimacy: We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Charter.
- Relevance and accuracy: We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
- Storage: We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law.
- Access, rectification, and opposition: You may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information.
- Confidentiality and security: We will ensure reasonable technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- Sharing and international transfer: We may share your personal data with third parties (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out in this Charter. We will take appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data.
For any questions concerning Data Protection, please contact Hotel Rubenshof.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as an Hotel Rubenshof customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example, smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments.
We do not deliberately collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation.
We may be obliged to collect such information in order to meet your requirements or provide you with an appropriate service, such as a specific diet.
- WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Hotel activities:
- Booking a room
- Checking-in and paying
- Eating/drinking at the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
- Participation in customer surveys (for example, the Guest Satisfaction Survey)
- Transmission of information from third parties:
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others
- Internet activities:
- Connection to website (IP address, cookies)
- Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, pages on social networks, network login devices such as Face book login etc.).
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers.
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests:
- Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
- Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Monitoring your use of services
- Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive and anti-social behaviour, non-compliance with the hotel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents).
- Improving our hotel service, especially:
- Processing your personal data in order to gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements
- Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
- Providing details for the customer database
- Segmentation operations based on reservation history and customer travel preferences with a view to sending targeted communications
- Predicting and anticipating future behaviours
- Developing statistics and commercial scores, and carrying out reporting
- Knowing and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers
- Using a dedicated telephone service to search for in the event of serious events affecting the hotel (natural disasters, terrorist attacks etc.).
- Use a trusted third party to cross check, analyze and apply certain devices to your collected data at the time of booking or at the time of your stay.
- Improving services, especially:
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments
- Managing claims/complaints
- Securing and enhancing your use of website, especially: implementing security and fraud prevention.
- Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents).
- CONDITIONS OF THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DAT
- In order to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to authorized personnel from the Group, including:
- Hotel staff
- Medical services if applicable
- Legal services if applicable
- Local authorities: We may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
- PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA DURING INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
For the purposes set out in Clause 7 of this Charter, we may transfer your personal data to internal or external recipients who may be in countries offering different levels of personal data protection.
Consequently, in addition to implementation of this Charter, Hotel Rubenshof employs appropriate measures to ensure secure transfer of your personal to an external recipient located in a country offering a different level of privacy from that proposed in the country where the personal data is collected.
Other than those that are required to carry out your reservation, data flows to countries having different levels of personal data protection are regulated by standard contractual manager-to-subcontractor clauses defined by the European Commission.
- DATA SECURITY
Hotel Rubenshof takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.).
- STORAGE OF DATA
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
- ACCESSES AND MODIFICATION
You have the right to access your personal data collected by Hotel Rubenshof and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.
You may exercise your right to object by writing to the address below.
If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may modify this Charter from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly, particularly when making a reservation at one of our hotels.
- QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
For any questions concerning the personal data protection policy, please contact Hotel Rubenshof.
Hotel Rubenshof | Amerikalei 115-117 | 2000 Antwerpen
T +3232370789 | F +3232482594
The main purpose of cookies is to streamline your use of the website; cookies make the interaction between users and websites faster and easier. They can’t look into your computer or read any personal information or other material on your hard drive. They can’t carry viruses or install anything harmful on your computer.
In all cases in which cookies are used on this site, the cookie will not collect any personally identifiable information.
Here is a list of the main cookies we use, and what they are used for.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the features of the site and navigate around the site. Without these cookies, features like job search wouldn’t function. These tend to be session cookies that are deleted at the end of the browser session.
Cookies to provide functionality
Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made or settings to improve your visit.
Cookies to improve performance
There are no targeting or online behavioural cookies on this site.
Please note that if you choose to reject cookies, certain parts of this site may not be available to you or may not function properly.
For guidance on how to change your browser settings as well as more detailed information about cookies, go to www.aboutcookies.org where you can learn about managing, reviewing and deleting cookies.